Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck currently runs a Stage 5 trans with EFI Live, Cold Air and a straight pipe. If I add 40% over injectors and a lift pump what kind of gains can I expect? Thanks for the help!:thumb

The plan is to Twin Turbo it this winter. What kind of power can I expect? It is an 07.5 2500

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
I dont know how much you will gain with just 40's but once you add twins and 40's you will be looking at around 650rwhp.

If i were you i would get a lift pump for now and do your sticks when you put twins on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know how much you will gain with just 40's but once you add twins and 40's you will be looking at around 650rwhp.

If i were you i would get a lift pump for now and do your sticks when you put twins on.

Thanks for the help man! I am new to the coal burning game!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
If you put wings on the fucker it'll fly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you put wings on the fucker it'll fly.
Like a B-52 with the Ranch Hand lol. So what are you thinking about the entire set up? I see you have a WEEELLLLL built DMAX!

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
your set up is good but like said above your basically just burning more fuel and over riding the stock turbo with 40 over injectors W/o twins or a bigger single, the lift pump is a must IMO its easier on the CP3, injectors and will make it a bit snappier because your not loosing rail pressure untill the CP3 builds it back up ( if it can depending on the tune) with a larger tune.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I go all out with the entire build off the bat Twins, 40% injectors and lift pump. Is it safe to say 1200TQ and about 600HP ?

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
around that, probly a little more depending on your tuner. I;d do the lift pump now just to have it out of the way. the lift pump just take the load off the CP3 and basically does its work so the power your loosing under heavy accel due to fuel psi loss from a big tune is gone. so whatever power isnt the is not because of a fuel issue it just isnt there. and its easier on your injectors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
around that, probly a little more depending on your tuner. I;d do the lift pump now just to have it out of the way. the lift pump just take the load off the CP3 and basically does its work so the power your loosing under heavy accel due to fuel psi loss from a big tune is gone. so whatever power isnt the is not because of a fuel issue it just isnt there. and its easier on your injectors.
Thanks for all the help man. The tune that is in it from what I have learned is pretty much a custom tune that is all out. It blows a little smoke off the launch then nothing after that.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Fill out your sig Single Wide lets see what you are working with bro

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Twins, 40 overs, lift pump and the trans with a good tune will put you around 600-650.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
It is not 2-1 on a duramax. If you make 650 rwhp the torque will be around 1100...........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is not 2-1 on a duramax. If you make 650 rwhp the torque will be around 1100...........
HMMM...should I think about stepping up my CP3?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
HMMM...should I think about stepping up my CP3?
To be honest once you upgrade your turbo and sticks you have more than enough cylinder pressure to warrant a built engine, aka crack a piston..............

Sooo, a upgraded pump will kill it for sure unless you draw the timing back to keep the power under 700 rwhp.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
Twins 40's and lift pump will brake your motor trust me i know. I put down 671-1135 and now im building my motor. Not that you will there are alot of ppl out there that dont have issues. My advice dont ever put your truck on the dyno unless you are behind the wheel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be honest once you upgrade your turbo and sticks you have more than enough cylinder pressure to warrant a built engine, aka crack a piston..............

Sooo, a upgraded pump will kill it for sure unless you draw the timing back to keep the power under 700 rwhp.
I have had and built gas engines for years. I am new to the Diesel side what does a "Built" motor as you just described normally go for?

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
8k to 20k depending on the extent of the build, who does the build, and what broke to cause you to do the build.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts