Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into the future, I want to start saving my coins for a trany build, nothing massive just something that would hold the power I've added and a lillte sled pulling from time to time. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody

·
Registered
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ 4x4
502 Posts
looking for a shop to build it for you? or do it yourself?

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I've heard the 6 speed Trans does ok with the Trans go kit, no personal expirience with any Trans stuff tho.

·
Registered
129 Posts
my stock trans went a long way with just a transgo jr. and triple disk converter. if your going to get a built trans theres really no mediuim build. just about every kit will hold 800-1000hp plan on $1400-$1600 for the kit. $1200-$1500 for the converter or $4400-$5000 for a prebuilt trans

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to do the rebuild myself. Just looking to see what what's the best rebuild kit and converter. That way I can start saving up for it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
From what I hear the ppe kit is top notch for the dmax trucks. This is the kit I chose. Keep in mind all of these kits DO NOT come with all the seals to do a complete overhaul. They come with bare essentials only.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
From what I hear the ppe kit is top notch for the dmax trucks. This is the kit I chose. Keep in mind all of these kits DO NOT come with all the seals to do a complete overhaul. They come with bare essentials only.
Gmax kits have everything including a complete gasket set. You may have been told wrong

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
G max gets my vote. Call Suncoast and ask for Andrew. That guy is awesome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts