Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to by a lift pump for my 01 LB7 but im not sure which one to buy. I mainly want one to help out the cp3. The truck has a 4'' to 6'' stack and soon will have a cold air intake, pro fab intake horn, efi live, and ppe boost valve. The pump needs to be able to withstand cold weather and be affordable. I don't need anything to fancy since it wont be over 100HP over stock. What should I get?

Registered
I went with the airdog2 100 and am very happy with it. The install was straight forward and no draw straw issues. The adjustable pressure is nice and it is reasonably quiet.

Registered
AirDog & FASS are both good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your thoughts guys, i was looking at the PureFlow Raptor RP-150 mostly for how cheap and simple it is, do i really need the extra filtration from the airdog or fass systems? Here is a link to it,

PureFlow Raptor RP-150 Fuel Pump (150 GPH) "Quick Connect"

what do you guys think?

Registered
Your injectors will love you for the extra filtration. I got the adII 150 and love it no issues only positives

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Registered

Registered
X3 the extra filtration will save you thousands in the long run.

Registered
im looking at the raptor 150 but ive got the 2 micron with the nictane and i could get a filter head and 3 micron donaldson with the water seperator for free and run it pre pump. Would that be an alright way to go seeing as it would save a good amount of money or does everyone think i would still be better off with the ad2. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT IVE POSTED IN 3 OTHER THREADS AND GOTTEN NO RESPONSE SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE LOL

Registered
That sounds like a really good set up. I am running a raptor 150 and a cat filter in oem location. I figure these things only get filtered to 8 micron stock and I know a lot of stock duramaxs with over 300k. So I figure with a raptor and cat 2 micron I will be good. I like the idea of down the road maybe adding a Donaldson pre raptor. But I don't think it is a must.

Registered
im just trying to figure out if this would be sufficient...i know everyone is saying the ad2 but if im running 2 filters and a water seperator i feel that that would filter just as good as the ad2. Or am i not looking at the big picture with the airdog and the big gain is the air removal

Registered
I'm running a raptor 150 with a donaldson 3 micron (same micron rating as the CAT filters) fuel water separator pre-pump, and love it.

Registered
There's a big difference in the way my truck ran with the ad2 like throttle response, not near as cold blooded, spool up was better
With that being said I don't think u will get that from the raptor but your filtration will be right on par if u add a ws and filter back by the pump
The ad pulls thru the ws and then pushes thru the filter so I would think if u set it up like that it would work fine
It was hard for me to spend $670 on the ad 2 but after I have it that's the only way I would ever go again
Hope that helps u

Registered
That's what the set up that I was leaning toward would be...pull through the 3micron filter/separator then to the raptor and then to the 2micron cat in the factory location... just wasn't sure if the air made that much of a difference in the performance end of things?

Registered
Why not the dual kennedy setup? I'm leaning that way for mine but the Raptor 150 is looking a little better in price. Is it flow through?

Registered
There is a lot of debate on the flow through part of the raptor... Some say it is and others say it isn't from all the threads I've been reading

1 - 18 of 18 Posts