Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had wrote a article here some time ago on fuel in my oil.I had a 50/50 mix in the pan,about 5 Gal. total.Drained it & changed filter,had only about 12 Gal. of fuel left in it so I went & got me some additive for the fuel & injectors.It treated 100 Gal. so I dumped the whole thing in the tank with the 12 gal. fuel & ran it as close to empty as I could.Did this 4-6 times & as of today not a drop of fuel in the oil.Got a little over 1200 miles on it now since I changed it & treated it.Got a feeling the injector tips were either carboned or there was dirt or carbon in the tips holding who knows how many open when ya shut it down.If carbon or dirt gets into the tip by the ball it'll hold it open & the fuel will keep running in to the cylinders untill the rail pressure drops to were it wont bleed anymore.So far so good.I check the oil everyday now,kinda gun shy after that senerio.Also do a papertowel test about every two weeks.Talk about gittin lucky,MAN.Cant prove what caused it or what cured it but is good to go now.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i remember seeing this. i'm curious as to whether you band-aided the situation or if the issue is totally gone away. it doesn't really make sense... but if your balance/return rates are okay, no fuel in oil, no white smoke at idle I don't know what gives

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Puzzled Too !

i remember seeing this. i'm curious as to whether you band-aided the situation or if the issue is totally gone away. it doesn't really make sense... but if your balance/return rates are okay, no fuel in oil, no white smoke at idle I don't know what gives
I check the oil every mournin before I start it up & the oil is right on the mark,Above the ball on the stick it is totally dry.Whatya think of my thery I put in my post about carbon or dirt.Even the papertowel test comes out negative.Not a drop of fuel.Just pure oil.I still got 3,000 to go before a change again.Will keep ya imformed as the mileage piles up.I stomped on it today from 25-55 & watched my stack,nothing but a loud beller of power.LOL,smoked a Deisel Ford.Had him by at least 200 ft.His was at least a 2008-10 yr. model.Thing is runnin as smooth as you would want it to run.Ive lost some oil pressure since I bought it but thats from mileage,she aint tight anymore with 125,000 on it.20-22 idlin,40-50 runnin.Depends on the temps here.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
From what I could tell from my injectors, I dont believe the injector itself was bad. It looked more like the seal around the tip of the injector and the injector cup had blow thus allowing fuel up through the cup and into the valve cover. Hope you found some luck with yours though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts