Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Yeah ive seen that. Thats the only thing i can find about it.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
The Cummins. It’s the engine that brought inline-six architecture, direct injection, the P-pump, and true, industrial-level strength to the ¾-ton truck market. In either 5.9L or 6.7L form, its stroke (4.72-inch, and then 4.88-inch) dwarfs the competition and produces the most usable off-idle torque of any engine in the segment. Higher in the rev range, it’s always been able to hold its own in the horsepower department as well. Not surprisingly, the majority of all aftermarket endeavors are geared toward the ’89-present 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins mills.
Like JimmyD ... I am also trying to figure out if dieselworld incoherently posted on the wrong forum. Also, I inadvertently noticed the India flag under dieselworld‘s forum name. I now have a vision in my head of calling Dell customer support and a confused person in India asking to assist me with my Mac book ... LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's an awesome engine and from what I have heard or read about ford bought Cummins but dodge had a contract with them for their light duty trucks but not the heavy duty ones that's why you can find f450-f650 with the Cummins in them. The downfall they had was wrapping that awesome engine in garbage lol the trannys always sucked and the electric system in the truck sucked as well but the Cummins is a great engine as long as you can get it away from dodge/DaimlerChrysler. I also have read that the transmission behind the 6.7 Asian (sorry if I spelt that wrong) is a beefy drivetrain but I agree with the previous posters the suspension in the dirtymax had me sold the first test drive
Ford does not own Cummins !

21 - 23 of 23 Posts