Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Getting some 20x10 wheels with -24 offset. The tires are 38x13.5x20 will this fit on my 2011 hd? With a leveled kit? Or will I need to raise it? If so how much and suggestions if any?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Your going to need at least a 8" lift to fit the 38". I would contact Nick at norcaltruck.com.

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
probably 7-8" worth of lift

·
Registered
897 Posts
Those are big tires, like others have said, you will need a pretty formidable lift to fit those.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
38 definately will need a big lift, like 8". I would call nick at norcaltruck.com. he knows a lot about the newer chevys and can tell you exactly what you will need to clear those tires and not do any premature wear to the front end

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know what tires I would need in order to skip getting the lift kit? Or is that even possible since the offset is -24

·
Registered
897 Posts
What wheels are they?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
id get something like a 32 inch tall tire since your going to have a wide stance

·
Registered
102 Posts
There is tons of info on this site....

A 35 inch tire with a leveling kit still requires the "large Fender Mod" (search it)

I just put on 295/55X20 and had to Level and do Small fender mod.....

Some searching and reading would be good for you

·
Registered
245 Posts
that large of a tire on the NBS trucks and with that much offset on the rim is probably going to need even larger than an 8 inch lift ... maybe 9-11 inches of lift. If you want to keep the truck more stock and just crank your torsion keys (level the truck) than you will be able to fit a max size of a 33 inch tire if your rim has an offset relatively close to 0. If you crank your torsion keys and have a more negatively offset rim i would reccomend getting a slightly smaller tire because it will be harder to fit a 33. Its different for every truck and every rim, many things have to be taken into account, such as rim width, tire width, offset and backspacing and OBS vs NBS so it will be different for everyone but these are my thoughts ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts