Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So aside from the mods in my sig, I am wanting to get my trans built and EFI. I know I will need to get a lift pump and egr blocker but what else would be beneficial for the truck to run good or better on a stock turbo?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I'm a big fan of traction bars. Made a world of difference on my truck after my trans an tunes... I can't see your mods though cause I'm on my phone

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard mixed things about the reroutes

Describe traction bars for me please?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I don't know much about the pcv reroute but I know everyone has them. And they are beneficial to the truck. As far as traction bars go, they prevent the axle from wrapping/ hopping. But i see now that your not
Lifted so they really are nessesary for you. Me on the other hand I broke the plastic caps on the overloads from my axle wrapping. Haha

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
pcv reroute, do it. The design is retarded from the factory. You'll know what we mean when you pull it off and see inside your shiny new mp already lol.

and traction bars prevent axle warp, by attaching the outer edges of the rear axle to the from in the form of bars. (if you've ever noticed your rear end hop, especially with a lifted rig when you get on it, it eliminates most/all of this)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it possible for the back end to "hop" due to the tires being inflated too much? I have noticed at times the back end bouncing once or twice. Normally it goes like this:

Hit a bump (shocks are out) and my foot hits the gas, Bullydog is sensitive so rpm's shoot up, truck tries to take off but rear tires hop, let foot off gas so rpm's go down, try and ease into it but truck surges before becoming normal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts