Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advise please. I have done all I know to help mileage and well now I need to go to diesel rehab. Anyone know a good one? Seriously, is there any more "bolt on" items I can add to help performance. I really dont want to upgrade the tranny or anything else major just looking for ideas. Is stacking a programmer with the edge hard on the truck? Thanks for any responses and this site is excellent!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
you are pretty much at the thresh hold of your transmission now, it won't hold anymore power unless you upgrade

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about a throttle body spacer? I have a local speed shop who will build one for free if I let them spec it out for my truck. Anyone had any luck with these? Also, how about a turbo 4" down pipe from the turbo to the cat?

·
Registered
484 Posts
best thing you can do now according what you have listed and said above is get a cat-delete pipe and install an EGR blocker plate and Fingers stick

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
already did the delete pipe maybe i will try the plate and sticks, thanks!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys i ordered a diablo predator and a 4 inch exhaust system to increase my duramax 6.6 engine hp so whats next, i need your advice guys :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
air or fuel?

ok, so after intake, exhaust, programmer/box, and tranny, which would be the better investment if you could only get one? turbo(s) setup? or fuel system [dual cp3, FASS, injectors, etc] setup? (just for now, i'll do the other eventually... tranny knocks out a large chunk of my budget, so i wanna get the best performance with just one "system" upgrade)

·
Registered
855 Posts
In my opinion I would do the FASS, this will allow you to take full advantage of the EFI flash your about to do without having to worry about fuel starvation in the rails after a large fueling event (i.e. hammering the gas pedal for a sustained period) plus it will make life a lot easier on your exsisting CP3. I do have to say I am very jealous about that Suncoast you are getting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts