Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am kinda new to diesels and just got a stock '02 lb7 4dr 4x4 and wanted to know what the best modification to start with would be. is anything going to make my gas mileage drastically change? is there anything to watch out for or any products to stay away from?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Probably the best mods to start with would be the holy trinity of the diesel world. Air intake, exhuast, and chip/programmer. There is really no order to them, just whatever fits into your budget best. A programmer like the Diablo Sport Predator or one from PPE (Pacific Performance Engineering) are probably the top two. They give you a lot of flexibilty with tons of options to choose from like speedometer correction, rev limiter adjust, etc. and most importantly will give you great mileage gains on the moderate power level if you can keep from flogging the throttle too much! The K&N filters do not filter that great and some of the edge chips are a little finicky. I will be replacing mine soon.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i'm with Maverick...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are some of the better brands or the best bang for my buck as far as intake and exhaust go? and what kind of combo would be the best?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
CAI=AFE,Volant,S&B,Amsoil and Banks
Programmer=Diablo,PPE or EFILive
Exhaust=MBRP,Silverline and there are a few others but i like them 2 the best..
the untimate package for your is the,PPE standard tuner,AFE intake and the 4" T/B 304SS Silverline exhaust..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Couln't have said it any better than Tyreboyz!

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
this is what i am currently running on my 02 LB7, edge juice w/attitude (hot unlock code as well), 4" magnaflow t/b exhaust, and k/n intake.....looking at a swap for that though. something that filters better. with that setup i average 17-18.5 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts