Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a transmission oil leak coming out of the bell housing, so I am wanting to pull the tranny and replace the front seal and put copper washers behond the two lower bell housing bolts.

My question is, What parts will I need to do the whole job?

Would someone have the part numbers for all the nessasary seals/gaskets?

Also any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
572 Posts
you shouldnt need any seals or gaskets unless you pull the tcase and then you could put the gasket back inbetween. You doing this in the driveway or do you have a lift?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
alot of times if those bolts that hold the bell housing to the pump are not tightened correctly they will leak in this fashion been there done that

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a transmission oil leak coming out of the bell housing, so I am wanting to pull the tranny and replace the front seal and put copper washers behond the two lower bell housing bolts.

My question is, What parts will I need to do the whole job?

Would someone have the part numbers for all the nessasary seals/gaskets?

Also any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Find a allison dealer in your area. the gm dealership may not have a clue about which parts to find unless you point them out and if so, they may cost you more. If oil is leaking out of bell housing bottom and not the case to bell housing gasket, possibly the two lower housing to case bolts are leaking. Some units have a porosity issue and will seep. This can be cured with brass flat seal rings. Could also have a o-ring shot on one of the bell housing to pump housing bolts. And finally the converter seal could be leaking.
While you have it out, for a bit more time you have a built trans.

Buy an ATSG manual for the Allison. This will help you out with photos, specs and diagrams.

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
The best thing to do is order the service manual for the Allison 1000. Off the top of my head, I know that PATC has them, and I'm sure some of the vendors on here can get them or have them. I'd try the vendors here first, just out of loyalty.

The actual manual from Allison is very helpful with everything on the tranny. If no vendors here are able to help you... google PATC and order it from them. It's detailed enough that a DIY'er can use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts