Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my way home from getting a load of wood for summer bon fires, my front tire blew out. I changed it out and the spare has broken belts, and after closer inspection all the other tires are about dry rotted out, so I need new tires. I bought a set of wheels in the summer to run 285's down the road, but it looks like I'm ordering tires tomorrow. Any ways, I was planning on doing a cognito kit, but with my wedding right around the corner, money is tight. So what all do guys recomend as far a getting tires to clear. I'm thinking I will at least order a full set of bilstiens, but should I get a set of keys or just crank em on up and live with it tell the summer when money is not already spoken for? One last question, when I do level it with the UCA's I want to lift the rear a little to keep a little bit of a rake stance, would blocks or an add a leaf be the best choice. Thanks in advance for all your input.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so damn the dumb sh!t I'm just going to get the UCA kit and Bilstiens, but what are every ones thoughts on the rear lift, blocks, or an add a leaf, I like the idea of maybe a little more pay load ability with the springs and on the Nor Cal site they are cheaper than a block. But how much will the leaf bring the rear up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts