Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just buying a 2003 lb7 off my father in law....it's a CC.

I have driven it several times, it has some get up and go but it's not crazy, I am not spinning the tires or anything. Does this sound about right for a stock setup? It does have wider tires on it mounted to some American Racing rims....other than that and some other visual stuff it's stock.

Also he has a chip for it...though he does not use it, what would be the most horsepower you would run with stock intake and stock exhaust? 40hp safe?

One last thing, are there any little cheap tricks to eeekkk more boost out of it? I don't need to spend a load of money on it since i have already spent my wadd on a fifth wheel and associated gear (and lots of it)

Thanks guys
Mag

One other thing. I notice lots of guys say don't waste time on Cold air intake. But What I am curious about is how restrictive the intake tube is....and would less restriction net any serious gains (even minor ones)? or just change the sound of the truck?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
i took off the resonator anf found the turbo spools a bit quicker. gonna do the mouthpiece when i get some time to do. i have the egde on my truck and i would stay away from it, its got some problems. exhaust i believe will help a bit, just look on craigslist for anything for your truck. People get desperate for money and need to sell stuff, i got my 5" exhaust for $50. Just look on ebay and craigslist and you will eventually find some stuff for cheap, sometimes even on here you can find some cheap stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts