Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Im looking to get a programmer, straight pipe, and intake sometime in the near future and need some opinions. I don't want to go all out and buy EFI Live and have to rebuild the transmission and get 100+ hp over stock, maybe just a programmer to get me around 40-80 hp over stock. What would yall recommend as far as a programmer?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Go efi live, its not just for making stupid high HP, even though it helps. Tuners can set it up for whateven u want. If u want a small amount of HP, good mileage and low egts, most people will say they say the best improvements in efi over all others. I'm in the same boat as u, I wanted mild HP gain, towing with turbo break, and good mpg. I'm very happy with efi and the tunes I got from Justin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know EFI Live is definately the best you can buy but I just can see it justifying paying $800+ for a tuner that I would have tuned for a mild amount of hp.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I know EFI Live is definately the best you can buy but I just can see it justifying paying $800+ for a tuner that I would have tuned for a mild amount of hp.
Agreed, and people have thier reasons for why they choose what they do. My truck is mostly a second vehichle for towing, but it is becoming my daily driver more and more because its so damn cool looking!! I was mostly concerned with EGT and mpg, and i was going to do edge evo cts, but after reading alot a people say thier egt's were lower by an average of 200 degrees, that justified it for me, and if i change things down the road, i will not need to purchase anything else. I want longevity and quality, as i want this truck to last as long as possible with minimal heavy repairs, or none at all are ok as well!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Just get a tuned ECM

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
Yeah I dicked around and didn't get efi for a long time and now I have it and nothing compares. I have big and small tunes. Def a lot better for your truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might have to look into that. I haven't heard much about em.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's the engine control module 'ECM' for short and you talk to a TUNA(haha tuner) id recommend Idaho rob. Call him! Look at his website ATPtrucks.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man, Il have to look into it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Agreed on the EFI live. I'm also a big supporter of ATP, and they have several different options for you. You can either buy the whole setup w/ v2 and 2 or 5 tunes, get a preprogrammed ecm w 2 or 5 tunes, or even get a loaner v2 with your tunes to load yourself and then decide what you truly want. :thumb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts