Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was gettin my oil changed the other day and one of my buddies works where i take it and he told me that when he pulled the skid plate to grease the front end there was some antifreeze on it.......it had left a few drops about this time last year and i tried to find the leak and never found it, and it quit doing it. Well evidently its started back, any pointers on what i should do??

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
buummmppppp, is some sort of stop leak a no no???

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Look at the lower radiator hose, if it shows stains, look up further-- and find a weep hole in the water pump-- that is probably the leak-- if so, you will have to replace the waterpump.

Don't dump SH#t in the cooling system-- No Stop Leak!

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Look at the lower radiator hose, if it shows stains, look up further-- and find a weep hole in the water pump-- that is probably the leak-- if so, you will have to replace the waterpump.

Don't dump SH#t in the cooling system-- No Stop Leak!
JC, when me and PR had a serious conversation about this, i mentioned the waterpump to him, but since he didnt see the leak himself hes unsure of where it was falling on the skid plate.

Either way, out of curiousity, I have heard some people swear by blue devil, and some say its worse thean ether. Do yo have a legitimate reason for saying not to use it ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts