Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my truck from a buddy of mine and it has been programmed with a motorvation programmer but he never got the actually programmer. How would I be able to get this off my truck so I can buy a new programmer?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You need to get the programmer from him and return yours back to stock. Other than that, the only options you got are to either get EFI Live for your programmer or have the dealer reflash your ECM.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the problem we cant get the programmer back. So If I take the truck and get the ECM reflashed would I be able to put any programmer on it with no problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here in houston there is a place where you take your computer and they flash with the vin of the truck so im pretty sure if you go that way you will be able to run another programmer.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Thats the problem we cant get the programmer back. So If I take the truck and get the ECM reflashed would I be able to put any programmer on it with no problem?

Yes, that would be no problem once you have a stock program in the ECM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts