Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a programmer and upgrade the exhaust size. Do I go 4" or 5". What programmer is best for my truck. I have a 06 LLY and will tow a 38' triple axle toy hauler ( 14,000 lbs ) about 8 weekends out of the year. I am looking for fuel economy for the rest of the time. Until now, I was using my dads 03 LB7 to tow the trailer. He has stock air intake and exhaust and runs a edge juice with attitude. It gets 3 mpg better with the edge and the EGT's only reach 1275 max when pulling up the biggest hills around here.
If I go bigger exhaust, I should not have to monitor EGT's and a programmer should be fine. I am looking at the Diablo, the Bully Dog power pup and the PPE standard. The exhaust will be turbo back, but I can't figure out the pros and cons to 4" vs 5". I am looking at CAI's and may just try the PPE free do it yourself mod.
Any suggestions.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum.good ?'s..the best for the buck is the diablo but i would highly recomend the PPE and a 4" exhaust from Silverline or MBRP,i have a 5" T/B exhaust on my 06 LBZ and it has a little drone at highway speeds..i would do a boost-n-egt gauges..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I think I"ll go with the Silverline 4" Stainleess. I'll have to research the PPE programmers. Obviously the PPE HOT would be the choice, but I'm not looking for 350 hp. Would the standard 3 level be my best choice?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust Done

Just ordered a Silverline 4" Stainless Turbo back system with tip. Awesome deal.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
unless you do a tranny upgrade you don't want more then the ppe standard tuner..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts