Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at this truck and was wondering what size lift was on it, looks taller than 4pm but not as tall as 6in? Also do you think the truck is worth the price?

Here is a link to the ad:

2004.5 CHEVROLET DURAMAX

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Looks like a 6"er that's just been lowered a bit using the torsion keys up front. Not a big deal. And yes, for the one picture and slight description is sounds like a good deal, however make sure you check it out real well before purchase obviously :thumb

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a 6"er that's just been lowered a bit using the torsion keys up front. Not a big deal. And yes, for the one picture and slight description is sounds like a good deal, however make sure you check it out real well before purchase obviously :thumb
Thanks, and I won't be purchasing til around christmas do to possibly starting a new job so I might just email him and explain my situation to him and say that I might be contacting him in a few months if it is still for sale....ohh by the way nvrplzd what are you getting for mpg?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hope it works out for ya man, i absolutely love the dark green rigs.

Un-tuned with just the breathability mods that I have listed in my sig I get about 18 highway depending on terrain and around 16 in town currently.
That's without the efi that's waiting on me when i get back home to throw on though

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
That truck is for sale where I live!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Yep I've seen it around town. Been parked for sale at a few places in town to. I could try and get some more info on it. I was going to buy it after I sold my lb7 but it is only a ecsb. I love my CC.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I've seen it around town. Been parked for sale at a few places in town to. I could try and get some more info on it. I was going to buy it after I sold my lb7 but it is only a ecsb. I love my CC.
Yeh if you could get some more info or pics I would really appreciate it man.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I will try to this afternoon. It was sitting by Waltz Saw Center so I'll drive by there and see if its still there. What all do you want pics of? Anything in particular you want me to ask him? Don't want to just tell ya it looks alright and then you get it and have problems.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I will try to this afternoon. It was sitting by Waltz Saw Center so I'll drive by there and see if its still there. What all do you want pics of? Anything in particular you want me to ask him? Don't want to just tell ya it looks alright and then you get it and have problems.
Pictures don't have to be anything in particular just something better than what's on the add. I would like to know what is going on with the exhaust, if it is straight piped turbo back or what, does it have egr delete? and what type and size of lift, and if there are any other mods

Thanks, and no rush , if u don't want to or don't have time, don't worry about it

·
Registered
882 Posts
its been for sale for a longggg time, i called on it early this year maybe late last, and the guy never called me back, he had some other pics before which showed more about it, its an lly.... looks nice, hopefully you'll have better luck than i had...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Hey bud gonna try to on Wednesday. Got some plans tonight that will carry on until tomorrow (my birthdays tomorrow) so Wednesday I should be able to.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem... Happy Birthday tho

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
check the vin make sure the recalls have been taking care of and have a trusted diesel mechanic look over it before you purchase.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
If your interested I could have my buddy who us a GM service tech for 15 years look at it to.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If there is a dead baby in the glove box, just look past that.. I may or may not have just had too much fun with a prostitute in WI for a weekend and needed an easy out...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, like I have mentioned in other threads I'm waiting to start a new job and prolly won't be buying til around Christmas so no rush on any of this

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
why do people have to type in ALL CAPS. I JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts