Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jus ordered moto metal 970s In a 18x10 with -24 offset... Truck is leveled and jus curious what you guys are running for rear spacers to bring the rear out with the front..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How close does the 1.5 bring you to being the same as your front? I was thinking 2 inches but that may be to much

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Use a tape measure and you will find a 2" difference front to rear, forgot to write it down..:cookoo[1]: but I believe I'm close. Fiesty, did you have to trim the studs?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I never noticed a difference in track.... I guess I need to look at mine. Is this a result of a lift or spindles or something

·
Registered
157 Posts
Difference of the track width of the IFS and the rear diff.
Yeah I got you just never noticed I'm cranked pretty high though in an effort to be level maybe I've sucked the difference out of it.

I'm about to walk outside in 30 degree weather (cold for texas) and look, it's really bothering me now

·
Registered
441 Posts
1.5" in the rear brought mine even with the front, maybe even a hair wider. Had to trim the studs half an inch maybe... that was a chore.

·
Registered
807 Posts
2" for me and love it

·
Registered
331 Posts
How close does the 1.5 bring you to being the same as your front? I was thinking 2 inches but that may be to much
depends how cranked you are. I'm lowered with flat CVs and I'm pretty much even with 1.5'' spacers. 2'' too much imo.

Use a tape measure and you will find a 2" difference front to rear, forgot to write it down..:cookoo[1]: but I believe I'm close. Fiesty, did you have to trim the studs?
Yes I did and it was easy. Didn't have to trim to the threads, just the nubs on the ends. Some wheels have slots in the back so you don't have to though.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I never noticed a difference in track.... I guess I need to look at mine. Is this a result of a lift or spindles or something
Difference of the track width of the IFS and the rear diff.
My truck is a 2x4 and the 2x4 and 4x4 track is the same as is the A-arms, spindle mounts, spindles, disc brakes, hubs, rear differentials and frames etc. Read some GM stuff awhile back the narrowing of the body front to rear had to do with aerodynamics and keeping the rear wheels inside the body to reduce drag. MPG ratings were not required on the 3/4 ton truck and up but were required on the half ton if IIRC,could be wrong on that one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
OP, it also depends on if you're running a lift or not and what kind of lift. full drop lift won't increase track width.
if you're leveled, 1.5'' will do.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I dislike this thread.... I never noticed this till I read the replays.... New to ifs trucks.... Now I'm going to get spacers....

Can't look at my truck without noticing it now

·
Registered
599 Posts
Before 1.5" Spacer
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418302046.448695.jpg

After Spacer
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418302095.462834.jpg

285-55-20 on 20x9 XD Hoss -12 Offset (no trimming of the studs necessary with these wheels)
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418302222.365420.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1418302276.404112.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
599 Posts
No I did not... XD Hoss wheels have little gaps and the studs fit with no trimming needed. Most wheels you WILL need to trim the non threaded tips off the studs.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Looked at the 5th Hummer wheel I have in the garage (bought 5 for $200), no dimple to accommodate any stud protruding past the spacer...:cool: How much does the stud protrude past the 1-1/2" spacer?

·
Registered
599 Posts
From what I read you will only need to trim the non-threaded tip of the stud off. Don't quote me but that's what I was prepared to do (grinder was in hand) before I found they fit without needing any trimming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts