Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got a new set of 18x9 rims with +18 offset. I have a 11 2500hd got my t bars turned up so it sits leveled My stock rims have 265 75 18. I like the size because with my snow plow on nothing rubs. But wouldn't mind going bigger and not to many options in that size in load range E. So thinking of 285 65 18 or 275 70 18. I guess I need some input from you guys to make a get the right width and height for my new rims. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any input somebody?
Im in the same boat need advice.
Currently running 275 70 18 duratracs on stock rim + 44 offset with almost no rub (1/4 clearance on inner fender on full lock) stock truck height.
Just got this new 18x9 + 15 mm offset fast HD rims
and debating if I should go back to 265 70 18 for no rub
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
700 Posts
Any input somebody?
Im in the same boat need advice.
Currently running 275 70 18 duratracs on stock rim + 44 offset with almost no rub (1/4 clearance on inner fender on full lock) stock truck height.
Just got this new 18x9 + 18 mm fast HD rims
and debating if I should go back to 265 70 18 for no rub
Those Fast wheels don't have a heavy load rating (cast wheel, not forged), do you carry much weight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do actually, they are rater for 3638 lbs lbs and stock ones rated for 3250lbs, should be alright I guess.
I just ordered 265 70 18 Coopers Discovered XLT, going back to stock size to compensate for offset, hopefully no rub.

How do you like your cooper tires on 2500 HD ?
I have duratracs and they have pretty loud hum city driving.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I do actually, they are rater for 3638 lbs lbs and stock ones rated for 3250lbs, should be alright I guess.
I just ordered 265 70 18 Coopers Discovered XLT, going back to stock size to compensate for offset, hopefully no rub.

How do you like your cooper tires on 2500 HD ?
I have duratracs and they have pretty loud hum city driving.
Good to hear the weight rating will work! I've been running my Cooper AT3 XLT's for two years now and love them so far. They ride good, aren't loud, and have been wearing even/well. I'll have to wait and see how they wear in the long term with the heavy weight I carry on them. My previous Michelin AT2's wore pretty fast on the rear under load, I rotated them on a regular basis but they still wore very fast (30,000 miles).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.