Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 2500 hd, and i'm reluctant to lift the truck to fit bigger tires. i dont mind cranking up the torsion bars and maybe adding a leaf in the back and or an easy inch in the front. what size tires are you guys able to fit under your trucks? i'd like to go as big as i can clear

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have an 04 with 285/75-16 on it. You could also go with 305/70-16s depending on which rims you use..both are the same diameter pretty much, but the 305s are just wider. Any bigger than that, and you will have to do a lift to not to have to do trimming....but each truck is a little different depending on how it was set-up from the factory and if it is a GMC or Chevy.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
for the best look on OEM wheels i would go with the 285's and not the 305's due to the fact they are designed for a least a 8" and wider wheel verse the stock 7" wheel and the only mod you have to do runnin the 285's is turning up the T/Bars and if you have aftermarket wheels depending on the offset you can run 305's but they will rub on hard turns..i'm runnin 265's on my 06 LBZ and i like the look and you don't have to do anything to the truck to make them fit..i'll try to post some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the comments guys. and yeah, if you could get pictures that would be cool! thanks again

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Here's with stock tires:

Here's a picture of my truck with stock wheels and 285/75-16:

And finally with aftermarket rims same BFGs:

and what the truck looks like now:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice man, looks like a different truck! those tires look just about exactly what i was hoping for. i think you made my mind for me. but if anyone has any pictures of a different size post em up! thanks!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have an 03 gmc with the easy lift torsion keys. I have the new Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/55/20s on 20x9 KMC Backseats. Barely rubs at full lock!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts