Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i noticed a noise under my truck on the way home and realized i need to get some new rear driveshaft U-joints now. What size do i need i know i need to get some spicer ones but who should i buy them through and what size are they? i have a 2007.5 nnbs 2500 hd ccsb duramax

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hey guys i noticed a noise under my truck on the way home and realized i need to get some new rear driveshaft U-joints now. What size do i need i know i need to get some spicer ones but who should i buy them through and what size are they? i have a 2007.5 nnbs 2500 hd ccsb duramax
Th joints in your driveshaft are 1485 series. Spicer now makes a 1485 series U-joint, but expect to pay around $70 a joint. VS a regular 1480 series sealed spicer being a shade under $50

What i do with Dodge driveshafts is buy different snap rings that are .010 thinner to make the 1480 joints fit in place of the 1485. In the case of a GM with no snap ring and fixed tabs on the diff yoke, its iffy whether a 1480 series joint will fit properly in the diff yoke.

·
Registered
416 Posts
When did GM start using those weird AAM U-joint sizes?

I learned they are different the hard way on my old '03 Dodge:eek:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
When did GM start using those weird AAM U-joint sizes?

I learned they are different the hard way on my old '03 Dodge:eek:
For the rear shafts on the 2500hd diesels, it started with the 07.5 body style.

Some of the 6.0 gas trucks got 1415 series driveshafts, while some got 1410 series.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What series would my '06 CCSB 2wd W/ 2-piece shaft have?
Still silky smooth at 286,000. I Grease the slip-yoke & rear U-joint every year. Im afraid I will throw off the balance if I change joints....I did that to my suburban once.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
What series would my '06 CCSB 2wd W/ 2-piece shaft have?
Still silky smooth at 286,000. I Grease the slip-yoke & rear U-joint every year. Im afraid I will throw off the balance if I change joints....I did that to my suburban once.
1410 series.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts