Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv got a set of 275-65-20 revo 2 on it now and want to keep them for plowing i love them compared to my ko. but i want something more aggressive and bigger for the summer thinking some nitro mt togo mt or mickey thompson atz
ill be doing a lot of towing not much off road just want the mud tire look also the biggest size i can do with out rubbing too bad ? dont want to spend a ton of cash since there just for summer also

·
Registered
518 Posts
The cheapest and ones that are best for the price are prolly the Federal Couragia M/T. I just got them and they look great.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think im between the toyo open country mt
and nitto trail grabbler mt

·
Registered
341 Posts
If dont care bought price mickeys by far best but i think the toyo mt be second

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
check out the interco trxus mt, they are priced around the same (a little less) as a mtz and are made in the usa

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I think aggresive mud tires for tow is the worst choice I could think of. Soft rubber is gonna wear out fast. If you really wanted to save some money something more highway tread will give you the best bang for you buck. 20" rims I would choose Nitto Dura Grappers. Personal I have run 265/70/17 for summer and now 235/85/16 for winter both Bridgestone Duravis R500 tires. Best towing tire on the market IMO. Closed shoulder design insures a very long life. My first set of 265/70/17s lasted 185,000 miles and thats towing campers have the time.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I think aggresive mud tires for tow is the worst choice I could think of. Soft rubber is gonna wear out fast. If you really wanted to save some money something more highway tread will give you the best bang for you buck. 20" rims I would choose Nitto Dura Grappers. Personal I have run 265/70/17 for summer and now 235/85/16 for winter both Bridgestone Duravis R500 tires. Best towing tire on the market IMO. Closed shoulder design insures a very long life. My first set of 265/70/17s lasted 185,000 miles and thats towing campers have the time.
185000 miles on 1 set of tires? Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
:gearjamin Lol.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Check out the Dick Cepek FC-II, is a AT but has an aggressive MT look. I think it might be my next choice.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
New

185,000 miles

To be fair the tires spent only 14 months on truck

·
Registered
420 Posts
Did you ever press the gas or turn or did you just idle in a straight line? Hahahahaha

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
never had em, would be top of my list if i was gonna run just a m/t tire though. seen some good reviews on em, seen some bad reviews on em...just like all tires lol. being as they come from interco i would venture a guess they put their money where their mouth is off road though lol.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
I call bullshit.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've got the dick cepek FC-II and I love them so far. Got about 7,000 miles on them and they look like the day I put them on :thumb

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
185,000 miles on tires? Riiight :rolleyes:

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
to all the nay sayers, how the hell do you know. really, grow up or go back to the my tuner is better than your tuner threads...grown folk are having a convo.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Go ask a truck driver what they get out of their tires.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Go ask a truck driver what they get out of their tires.
they wont, they dont have the fortitude to actually try to find facts when it is easier to simply dispute something. they would rather put mud tires on big rims and complain about how they only got 30k out of them. they have no experience with using a truck for the use of a truck, only trying to make it a race car. :cookoo[1]:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts