Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently done an LED swap on my dash, now the reset button quit working on my steering wheel controls (what did I mess up). Its the button to change settings or reset the odometer, etc.
I thought the switch finally screwed up so I bought all new switches for the wheel. Got that one changed and still doesn't work :/
So what did I mess up now?

And I went to change the bottom left button (fuel and trip) And when I pulled the button out and the connector piece on the harness came out with it :/
So how am I gonna get these wires back into this connector and put a new button back In? There is very little to almost no slack on these damn controls.
I don't wanna have to go buy a new wheel over all this.

Also, anyone able to get a picture of the order of the wore colors for that connector also?

·
Registered
956 Posts
when you did it did you reroute the wires over the horn assembly? itll give you about another 1/4 of an inch to move around in there. I know its not much but you know as well as i do youd take anything more while working in there. It kinda sounds like you pulled the ground off somewhere

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So am I gonna have to buy a new wheel or what am I gonna do?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I would bet clock spring. You look at them weird and they break.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Also don't buy used as they are all broken and don't try to turn it manually or you will break it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will a wheel from a 1500 work as long as all the controls are the same?
And it shouldn't be the clock spring cuz every other button works normally, just the reset button doesn't work anymore since my led swap

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Will a wheel from a 1500 work as long as all the controls are the same?
And it shouldn't be the clock spring cuz every other button works normally, just the reset button doesn't work anymore since my led swap

You can take the wheel off and look at the harness (for the steering wheel buttons), maybe that is the issue. Maybe the wires got pulled to much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts