Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I was wondering what do I need to look out for with a "max effort tune" other then the tranny. I have built trans. I have the ppe xcelerator and the max tune is 225 hp. I've been running around on the 160 but I want to bump it up. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "look out for" but make sure you have supporting mods

Fuel supply, injectors, turbo can hold strong etc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean by "look out for" but make sure you have supporting mods

Fuel supply, injectors, turbo can hold strong etc
Like egts or something. Just something to keep an eye on so I dont end up needing a new engine sooner then expected lol.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
The ppe is rated at the crank so your 225 tune is closer to a 160+hp efi live equivalent tune. Youll be fine with a built transmission. The ppe canned tunes do run a tad hot though in my experience. Youd be better off switching to efi from a reputable tuner

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ppe is rated at the crank so your 225 tune is closer to a 160+hp efi live equivalent tune. Youll be fine with a built transmission. The ppe canned tunes do run a tad hot though in my experience. Youd be better off switching to efi from a reputable tuner
I had a feeling, would you recommend getting an egt probe before running the 225hp (160hp) tune? And i will eventually but they are so dang hard to get here in the Golden State!

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Oh youre in California?

Sell the truck...😂😂😂

Its a good idea to have an egt gauge when towing or pushing the truck hard in general.
These trucks are built to sustain 1300* and can do 1400 for a short amount of time.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Idk what the hell those squares are. Some button i must click on accident puts them in the box then i cant ever get them out. Another great feature of this "updated" forum

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh youre in California?

Sell the truck...😂😂😂

Its a good idea to have an egt gauge when towing or pushing the truck hard in general.
These trucks are built to sustain 1300* and can do 1400 for a short amount of time.

Yea unfortunately 😂😂😂 plans to move out to Colorado soon though! And alright guess an egt gauge and the new cts3 is on the wish list then! With the ppe in your experience would you be getting close to those Temps?

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Its been probably 10 12 years since i ran a ppe tuner. On their big tune you are probably knocking on the door of 1200 1300wot

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Oh youre in California?

Sell the truck...😂😂😂

Its always scared me seeing 1200* even, and I saw 1800 a few times racing.

Now my cts goes off at 1050*, reminds me I dont need to bury the throttle when I pass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts