Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
Yea, water compresses not so much. Looks like my Outboard when the head gasket failed and let cooling water piss into the cylinder.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i think i see the problem.. some idiot took the valve covers off. quick fix

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This a LMM motor and I have seen a lot of cracked pistons but it melted the piston,valves,injectors,glow plugs and even the egt probe.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
yeah for real, anyone who buys an LBZ is a stupid idiot with his head up his ass.

but wow daryll. that sounds mighty expensive.. must've been an awful big jet

·
Registered
113 Posts
Being a non water/meth guy for the moment, this was caused by? Too much meth? Too much water? controller messed up?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would think that the moisture stayed in the cylinder or intake and ended up flowing down to the #2 cylinder.I do not think it had the correct nozzles or was not controlled proper.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Thats nasty....how does the cylinder look?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
How did the rest of the cylinders look?

Obviously that cylinder got very hot, was the owner monitoring EGT's? He musta been either running a hella lotta meth vs water with the biggest nozzles he could find or had some kind of malfunction.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Reason why im not a fan of water meth. Only water. Methanol injection pegged my 2000* gauge on my LBZ. After I saw that, I threw it in the trash. Nitrous is safer than W/M IMHO.
If you wanna pull it out of the trashcan I will offer you scrap price, or maybe a little more for it.:poke[1]:

To the OP, that looks expensive. Anymore knowledge of how this occurred?

·
Registered
472 Posts
dam travis that sucks.but ur in good hands with darryl.

·
Registered
755 Posts
that'll buff out lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to see what it would do! Water meth was mixed 50/50 but I put all 3 injectors in on the stock engine and I was pulling a 7% grade at 85 with a 16,000 lb fifthwheel. My guess is that's what did it lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Shoulda put it in the Colorado. Those lbz's are trash:)
Just curious - why are LBZ's trash? After my research, I thought it was the last good year to buy a diesel since no DPF, no urea injection, etc. Did I miss something?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts