Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys it time.. got my lift pump on and my trans needs help. ive been talking about get one for awhile but needs too be done soon. What kit should i go with? and converter with stall? never plan on upgrading turbo or nothing just a max effort with lift pump and trans. what kind of hp can i expect with a trans and lift pump? thanks guys

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Subd. I've been wondering the same thing!

·
Registered
412 Posts
subscribed. lookin for a "budget" build of sorts. nothing more than a max effort efi tune.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Well as far as hp goes you can expect to see 500 to 550 for a max effort EFI tune... That being said there are alot of different kits out there. I love my alligator kit so far. But I know ppe makes great products and also suncoast as well

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Mike l who posted above, or big dipper are some well known names on here for transmissions. Alligator stage v seems to be the cheapest kit that actually has good parts. Ppe and suncoast are both good too for that power range.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I heard a lot from mikel. Mike what do u recommend? Would like a buget kit. Could u pm me with a kit and converter? Thanks

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I like mine the best. :D
:thumb

If i may speak for Mike real quick, i just wanted to throw this out that Mike recommends George Alexander (Big Dipper), Ben Tyler (BT Dieselworks), and Dallas (the builder at suncoast)

depending on location, i just figured id throw that out there.:drink

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Mike L stage 3 will hold..... my buddy has one running same as you will run and it works like a dream.... Mike says 500hp all day on his stage III... Some say more

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Mike L stage 3 will hold..... my buddy has one running same as you will run and it works like a dream.... Mike says 500hp all day on his stage III... Some say more
I believe brian (hondarider) had a little over 600 on his mike l stage III with his last truck. He never seemed to have any issues with it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ive been woundering the same thing here, since im in central FL im thinking about talking to suncoast since there only about 2 hours away. Anybody know if they will do a build with say an alligator kit or do they only do builds with there own kits??

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Ive been woundering the same thing here, since im in central FL im thinking about talking to suncoast since there only about 2 hours away. Anybody know if they will do a build with say an alligator kit or do they only do builds with there own kits??
Im pretty sure dallas will only build the trannys with his own kit.

if i can help you with an already build tranny or a trans kit let me know bud

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I love my PPE stage IV and ML converter. It works great.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts

Are your kits comparable to alligators? I think a stage 3 is all I would need.

·
Registered
550 Posts

Heck why not Dustin, just shoot me a pm on a price on an already built stage 4 and a kit as well. Shipping to 33852 if it matters

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Sticking with stock turbo and stock fuel w/ lift pump. So maybe 450ish?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts