·
Registered
352 Posts
Anybody feel like voting?

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet...yes we have sold that combo many times in the past few months, and have recieved rave rewiews. I have also heard good things about the Bullydog programmers and the Diablosport predator. Superchips seems to be pulling in at last place, but they claim better updates are on the Horizon. I was just trying to get a broader perspective, not all customers call back or email with there results.

Thanks guys keep posting everyone. Enquireing minds want to know. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a new '06 Express 2500 Van with the 6.6 Dura inside. I'm going to be looking into a tuner to help boost mileage (the van has wayyyy more power than I'll ever need).

What's my best bet?

Also as a side note; I'll be running B100 for fuel.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Got one running around with PPE. Had to turn it down, setting Check engine lights for trans slippage. Otherwise, hauled a$$. Don't have a lot of time driving this truck myself.

Got another one running around with the Diablosport. Nice programmer. Smooth, almost like you can't tell its there, besides the power. Drives REALLY nice. Thats on the 85 hp setting. I told not to turn it up to 120 till he gets gauges.

Good mileage from both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tuners

i have had 2 different bullydog tripp dog and outlook moniters on my lbz and both of them made the truck act crazy. i have a preditor now it adds less power but the truck runs 100 times better

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
More often than not, the chip/tunner showing the largest HP gains is not the best choice. More so when you just drive the truck. Racing is a whole different deal all together. The Diablosport on my Customers LBZ is running great. And, mileage is good too. He is planning on adding an Edge Juice/Attitude when it gets released.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My two big questions:

1) Is a tuner designed for the 6.6 in a pickup format compatible with the 6.6 in a cargo van format?

2) What is available to increase mileage as it's main purpose?

We don't need extra power, just more mpg.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
As far as I know there is no difference. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

The Diablosport is more than capable of improving fuel mileage. Your driving style makes the difference. If you are nice to it it will improve. If not, it will decrease.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My two big questions:

1) Is a tuner designed for the 6.6 in a pickup format compatible with the 6.6 in a cargo van format?

2) What is available to increase mileage as it's main purpose?

[
We don't need extra power, just more mpg.

You have to watch for the 250hp version that came in some of the cargo vans. The tuners wont work on them. Most of the cargo vans are going to be the same as the truck.

With our programmers we have seen increases in the 1-3mpg range. That is ultimately going to depend on your right foot, but usually that is what they do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tried Most

After trying most chips and tuners, I can safely say that Efilive has them all beat for overall performance and customization, Ease of use for newbies NO!!
It can be an intimidating program for some to tackle, But the results are soo worth it.
I really like the EDGE display for displaying info, but Efilive programmed correctly outperformes anything else on the market. I have never experienced better shifting than I have with efilive. You either have to know what you are doing and program it yourself or have a reputable dealer flash your pcm.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just pulled my Triple Dog and Outlook monitor from my truck. I had 2 of them and each one did different things to make my truck undrivable.:mad: It is a simple install, remove 4 fuses and plug in 4 molex plugs and replace the factory plug with the "Y." Can't screw that up but the truck threw fits the minute I started the motor. They made my truck throw a CEL right from the start and shifting was terrible. I'm looking for another programmer now. Probably a Diablosport Predator.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My vote is for the Van Aaken C3.2. My truck drove the same and smoked just a little more on the tow setting. On the performance setting, it smoked like a coal train! ahahahha

When I stacked it with the TS Ramifier, my EGT's were out of control. With the stack I was able to get 20.6, hand calculated.

The TS is disconnected and for sale. I didn't like the non-adjustable set up. It was 100 hp, period!

I'm going to stick with the Van aaken for now. Later, I'll get an adjustable fuel box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
diablo sport lbz

recently installed diablo on my lbz, already picked up 2mpg and i havent been kind to it on the 80 plus hp setting with no intake or exhaust changes, the trans shifts better, the off idle performance is better,the 60 mph roll on is fantastic and it was easy to install, i fear putting in the 120 hp setting ( i wont go back down ) it was 18 degrees here this morning and it had no cold start issue. no codes !!!! frank:rof

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was thinking about getting the EDGE but I am still not convinced, all I want is better fuel mileage I have a magnaflow 4 inch exhaulst now I'm looking for the safest programmer with the most fuel mileage. So I'm very unsure at the moment

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd like something like the edge, several HP levels so I can back down when towing if it gets hot, and one setting for high MPG reguardless of performance! Sometimes I just drive normally and want high MPG not power.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts