Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into to getting a different turbo, although i dont know where to begin. Can i get a turbo without having to do a bunch of changes? Will i need a new tranny and a lift pump? What turbo would you guys suggest for mostly street driving?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If your goin to upgrade the turbo you should do the trans first. The turbo will do you no good unless you have the trans to put the power to the ground.

Edit: Your also gonna need a lift pump.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Trans and lift pump. Then upgrade your tuning. Have fun with that....get bored eventually....dump more money on a turbo. Its how these things work

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Like mentioned above to take full advantage of a aftermarket turbo you need a trans and lift pump. If you stock turbo is failing and you need a charger I would suggest a Garrett 4094vvt. They are a direct drop in replacement and only require oil drain gaskets for the install.

Tyler
MPF

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would i be able to just get my ally built up a bit or would i have to get a completely new tranny?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would you suggest for a kit?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
You will be surprised how much better your truck will feel with a Built Tranny and Built Tranny tunes.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im thinkin a ppe stage 4 but i dont know if i wanna pony up the cash lol

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Call Tyler at mfp. Your gunna need a tranny though. He can set you up with everything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts