Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to get rid of my rig but I am going to be getting married in a year in a half and we want to move out of our apartment and get a house then shortly after start a family. So the less bills the better. I am thinking about trading the truck in on something else to owe less money. I have an 07.5 2500 D-max crew cab 4x4 (Z71 package). I ONLY have 8k miles on it. I still owe about 21,500 on it (5 years left on the loan). KBB says its worth about 30-32k. What do you guys think I should get for it? HmmMMmm

Thanks in advanced,
Adam

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I will give you 21,500...LOL
Trade you are probably looking at 26-27k. You may look into refinancing the loan for a lower payment. [email protected] 5 years is only about 400 a month with good credit

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Dealer will give you low KBB MAX, regardless of any mods or upgrades you've added. If they give you more, they've added that amount on to the vehicle you're buying. Sell it yourself for retail KBB and go buy a cheap, reliable car from a private party.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm taking it to the dealer on Monday to get it appraised, if they low ball me I'll walk out. Then hope they call me with a better offer lol.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one sales person seemed very interested in my truck and said they are hard to find and people always ask for them too, hopefully thats a good sign. Especially because I have very low mileage (8,300mi).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wholesale to retail.

Dealers want your truck for a wholesale price and then will want to get you into something else at retail. Reality is that's how the dealerships work or they would not be around for long.
Your best bet to to park your truck really close to a dealer with a well written detailed for sale ad in the window.

Stress the mileage and it should sell quickly for a fair retail price,then look for you next wheels as a no trade buyer. With all the factory incentives available there will be a good deal just waiting for you.

Next tip is to try shopping close to the end of any given month as the dealers get a kickback from the factory that means if they meet a targeted number of new sales they receive an extra so much per vehicle. If they are really only making say $1500 on a deal but the factory kicks in another $500 then they want your deal.

Also tell them after and only after you know you have hit the rock bottom price that although you are happy enough with the deal there's no way in hell you are going to pay a documentation fee. That's just the dealers way of squeezing a few more bucks out of the buyer and you just have to say no to that! Either you guys waive the doc fee or I am out of here!

Works like a charm and basically that will quite likely add up to almost a free car payment.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
selling it private party will get you A LOT more money... especially around pittsburgh.

instead of trading in the truck.... just trade in the fiancee?

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
before you sell or trade it, let me get that front bumper off you:thumb. but i'd try to sell out first before trading, you'll come out better just my .02

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Sell it private party, trade in is much less than it's worth.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Am I the only person here wondering if his "wife to be" is making him sell his truck and get a honda civic?

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Try to sell it on the for sale section in the DF? Really low miles! I'm sure someone would be interested? Post some more pics on here.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
I'd love to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Am I the only person here wondering if his "wife to be" is making him sell his truck and get a honda civic?
LOL the finance actually claims she don't want me to get rid of it. It was my decision. I know we can't afford a nice house and 5 more years of truck payments at 500/m :p

·
Registered
457 Posts
What did they offer you?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Have you tried refinancing like someone else mentioned. A low mileage truck like that should easily sell for like $28k I would not want to get rid of that.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you tried refinancing like someone else mentioned. A low mileage truck like that should easily sell for like $28k I would not want to get rid of that.
Re-financing would still leave me with 22000 left to owe. I need to owe under 12k to be happy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts