Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my intake horn blow out on me last night and left me stranded 2 hours from home with no tools. Luckily I was at Lowe's and had to go buy about $50 of tools and tear it apart there and fix it, had a friend stopped here eating lucklily and he helped. since that isn't happening again I'm looking for a y-bridge and delete pipe. So far SDP and wherli fab as they both can be used with twins which I plan on doing. SDP is steel so I like that much better. Let me know what you guys think, thank you.

SDP:
SDP 3" High-flow Y-Bridge & Intercooler Pipe kit Steel- LBZ/LMM - Screamin Diesel Performance

wherli:
Wehrli Custom Fabrication - LBZ/LMM 3" Bridge/IC pipe

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Looks good either way. Wish I wudda done this too when I did my egr delete.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Profab

·
Registered
839 Posts
HSP

Call dave, tell him i sent ya!

(989) 476-0135

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do like the profab kits, there quite a bit cheaper than the others but still aluminum. I like the 3" boost tube

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Make sure which ever one you pick it actually has good flow. So many of the people building them are not even trying to make them flow well. They just "ass"ume since it's under pressure it doesn't matter.

No matter how much pressure there is in a tube a square'd corner will always flow terrible compared to a radiused corner. That's why we do ours the way we do. Here's a picture to help you see what I'm talking about.

Also we make a strap that goes around your oem bridge parts to hold them together.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a Wehrli setup on my truck and i am extremely happy with it. He always answers my emails super quick and any questions and definitely has good customer service... I think all 3 companies in this thread would be fine. I ran a lot of RDL stuff on my older struck.. but mostly his up pipes and manifolds and stuff.. But his quality was great as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts