Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. I was wandering what the best chip or programmer is to use on an otherwise stock 2006 duramax with the aliison. Don't wanna tear the tranny out. Also gonna do an exhaust. Thanks in advance for the help guys.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i run the ppe and i had good luck with them and a nice mpg increase...just don't get the big one stay with the economy programmer

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have an 07 lbz, want to run an edge programmer, will that recalibrate the tranny computer aswell. Was also wondering if there is an aftermarket torque converter I could use instead of the factory one, because the motor revs so damn high with the six speed.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN-
You get your package yet?
yes i did,it looks awesome on the truck,now as soon as my brother gets back from africa with the camerea i'll take some pics....thanks dieselnut

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
tranny

Yeah, I heard about the 85 hp limit. What is the best, and least exspensive way around that limit. I do not want to put a tranny in it quite yet, I have had the truck for 2 months now.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Performance VB like the one from Suncoast is a great place to start. Increase the pressure to the clutches you increase the clutches holding power to a point. Also will clean up the shifts and help reduce heat. Next would be a converter. After that, the next step is a Stage 3 kit from Suncoast. If you are going to do that, though, I would say go for the stage IV and get it over with.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i run a bully dog shift kit and it a excellent job but if you plan on running more then 150 to 200hp extra i would spend the extra cash and go with the sun coats or ats stage 3 or 4...my next step is a stage 4 tranny..just my experience

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run the Superchips Programmer in the performance setting to get the best milage increase and if I tow I set it down to the tow/performance setting. You can also download updates for your truck through a program called Flashpaq and then put those into your truck also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking at the box and it says increases average 80 hp and up to 185 lb-ft. I believe this is the increase for the maximum setting which would be the performance mode I am using. No towing in this mode. The next one down is the tow/perf mode for towing up to 6000 lbs.( no hp or torque numbers are given) and the last mode is tow for towing up to the oem's listed maximum limit( no hp or torque numbers given)

·
Registered
680 Posts
programmer

Thanks for the info 2themaxx. I am looking to run either a diablo or the ppe. For now until I do a valve body, and torque converter, then I will stack with an edge juice, and attitude.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can see all four tires smokin already!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Thanks for the info 2themaxx. I am looking to run either a diablo or the ppe. For now until I do a valve body, and torque converter, then I will stack with an edge juice, and attitude.
i don't want to tell you what to do but i would recommend the ppe over most programmers out there if you plan on running big hp eventully,if you wanted to start out with the economy one first setting 1 60hp setting 3 120hp and if that isn't enough send it back to ppe and get it tuned up to a higher level...the highest one they have avalible is 350hp with 560tqr..the ppe will stack together for greater results http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_35 oh with the ppe stack you will need a tranny to go along...just thought i would mention this...again i'm not trying to tell you what to do http://www.thedieselgarage.com/projects/Chevy/6.6Dmax/6.6shootout.htm

Edge Juice 100hp with 200tqr
Diablo Sport Predator 120hp with 250tqr
total 220hp with 450 tqr

PPE hot + 2 350hp with 560tqr
PPE Duramaximizer 150hp with 250tqr
total 500hp with 800tqr
and the edge will stack with the ppe

·
Registered
131 Posts
What gauges would you recommend installing to go with any performance programmer to help you monitor the engine?

Here are the statistics for the Economy Duramax LLY & LBZ Xcellerator 2006-2007

LLY/LBZ 2006-2007 Xcelerator Economy

Power Level
Economy Performance; Horse Power Increase 40

Tow Performance; Horse Power Increase 90

High Performance; Horse Power Increase 160

Program levels 1 thru 3 will remove fuel (defuel) from engine during shifts as needed to keep an un-modified transmission from slipping.

**Represents additional Horsepower and Torque at the crank.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
What gauges would you recommend installing to go with any performance programmer to help you monitor the engine?

Here are the statistics for the Economy Duramax LLY & LBZ Xcellerator 2006-2007

LLY/LBZ 2006-2007 Xcelerator Economy

Power Level
Economy Performance; Horse Power Increase 40

Tow Performance; Horse Power Increase 90

High Performance; Horse Power Increase 160

Program levels 1 thru 3 will remove fuel (defuel) from engine during shifts as needed to keep an un-modified transmission from slipping.

**Represents additional Horsepower and Torque at the crank.
sorry about that i was reading the one for the 05 LLY ppe economy....i would get the egt and the boost gauges..i love my ppe and i increased my fuel economy by 4mpg on my dually...good luck there

1 - 20 of 20 Posts