Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 07.5 lmm ordered a mbrp dual exhaust I am mainly going for mileage I can have a guy do the efi live for $300 or am I better off buying the efi live system my self or ppe,quadzilla, or edge so I can have my guages. thanks for any help. By the way where is the best place to buy my own efi live?

·
Registered
508 Posts
IdahoRob if you want to buy efi....if your not gonna do any of your own tuning then go with the Edge evo it has great tuning for these trucks

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
It depends on what you're wanting out of the truck. EFI can be a great option, but it's not for everybody. Loading and changing tunes is easy, but anything past that is tough for some people who aren't very computer friendly, or easy if you are computer savvy. If you're not into computers, or don't have a laptop (or both), then I'd look into the Edge Evo Race. It has great tunes, and comes with a monitor that can be used as gauges. It's the best canned tuner on the market for the dmax right now.

Let me know if I can help,

-Jesse

·
Registered
665 Posts
I agree 100% with Jesse about the Edge. It is a great option, especially for someone who isn't wanting to play big. If your looking to play big down the road then EFILive or PPE might be better options for you. Let me know if I can help in any way!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Depends which version of the Evo you get. The CTS Race is more expensive than EFI Live when you figure in the EGT probe. But it also comes with gauges, so that makes it cheaper. EFI is $799 from all vendors who sell it.

When you take off the DPF, the two electrical connections can unhook from the connectors if you follow the wires back about a foot or so. You can just simply unplug them both. The pressure tubes can be unhooked from the flex lines up by the bottom of the bed. You can take the flex lines off too, or leave them there, whatever you prefer. It's all pretty simple :)

-Jesse

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just made the leap with EFI Live this last December and I love it. It seemed a little over my head at first but once I got my exhaust this last weekend and had a chance to really use it for a reason its all starting to make ALOT more sense. I ran into a few issues but I think I have learned more in the last 48 hrs. about using it than the last two months. Also if your a big GM fan just check out their website and see how many cars and trucks it works with. Thats where you can really consider how much you save over time by going with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts