Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay- I finally got my truck, and can't wait to start making some power. Now that I'm doing Product "research" on what to buy, it seems everything Might throw a code on The new engine. Whats the deal ?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Depends. Any upgrade "might" throw a code. Mostly EGR flow would be the code I think. Not a big deal really. With tuners like the DIablosport and PPE, if it sets a code you just use the tuner to read and reset the code. After about 8 months with a Diablosport tuner and turbo back MBRP duals, I have a customer that has set 1 code once for EGR flow. Reset it, hasn't come back.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
same here,i have a 06 2500HD LBZ with the ppe and the light came on one time and i reset it and never had any trouble since..oh by the way if you do a after market air intake you will probalily get codes,witch i wouldn't put a after market box in unless you do some serious power upgrades..best of luck to you there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I just kept reading about all Check engine lights coming on for really basic mods like Hi flow intakes and exhausts and was wondering if the LBZ was "Tamper proof" Sounds like the programer is the answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts