Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI new member here, I just bought a 05 silverado 2500hd lt crew cab with 200k miles in really good shape, the truck was owned by a coworker he was the only owner, until last week and took good care of it, so far the truck runs great, only issue I found one of the wheel bearing needed to be replace and I got a low coolant message, came to this forum and found out about the head gasket issues that is common on this model, checked for white smoke, no smoke and checked the radiator hose in the morning and there was no pressure on it, so it seems that no Headgasket issues.

Looking for the leak, I found, what looks like 2 leaks right under the driver's side manifolds and being new to diesels, I have no idea the name of the part, could someone let me know what am I looking at here?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think, is the this section, but i'm not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
It almost looks like where power steering fluid on the front has dripped down on the cooler pipe to me. The rear possibly oil or both places engine oil.

Have you touched or felt the fluid leak to see what it might be, color, odor?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I did a google image search on the words 2005 2500hd engine coolant system

I tried looking on the gmpartsdirect website diagrams but I didn't see that part of the coolant system in any diagram. I even looked at the engine diagram too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did a google image search on the words 2005 2500hd engine coolant system

I tried looking on the gmpartsdirect website diagrams but I didn't see that part of the coolant system in any diagram. I even looked at the engine diagram too.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That's a coolant tube, connects the water pump to the oil cooler. There's a flat gasket that goes between the tube and the water pump, and a o-ring that goes around the tube where it goes into the oil cooler.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Teaser.

Vid is private.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Are you sure you just don't have a PS fluid leak from the HP lines? Check the PS fluid level?

Edit...missed the 'gushing' bit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Might be your water pump weep hole. When the pump goes out or is going out it will pour out from there mine did the same thing. I just had it replaced before it went out. It also looks like ur ps hoses are leaking but not enough to leak like that. Arent the lines only under pressure while running? That sucker woulda run outta fluid fast if it was leaking that bad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the Low coolant message about 100 miles after I first started using the truck, topped the coolant overflow tank, I think I put a little too much, then I noticed it dripping a but since it has been raining a lot I wasn't sure how much it was dripping, then drove the truck about 200 miles after topping the coolant and got the message again, now that it finally stopped raining I noticed a big puddle of coolant on the ground, not sure if it's getting worse or it was like that already, both times I filled the overflow tank it wasn't completely empty and I had to put about half a gallon.

P.s Power steering fluid seems fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts