Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss is selling this truck. He picked it up from a company that they bought out. He doesn't know what is worth. It's got 254 000 km (158 000 miles) on it. My buddy might be interested? What should he offer?

The tailgate is dented & driver seat is ripped.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If its loaded and 4wd I'd say its gonna bluebook for $25,000 at least

·
Registered
984 Posts
19-21K tops I would be on the more on the 19.5 side realistically

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, seems a little high, with that many miles on it? What should my buddy offer? Boss wants to get rid of it. Might get it for a steal? Another buddy is a car salesman, he thought 14K wholesale, 18K retail.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Im telling ya blue book on these things hold but hey if he can get it for a steal like that he better jump on it!!

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
It has lots of miles and wear-- I would "Low Ball" and sit back. You can always go higher if he turns it down. Have him point out the wear and the "Need attention" items.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would offer more if those chrome rocker panels were gone. I would offer 16.5-17.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Offer 15K, sometimes these company things are the best deals going........coworker just bought an 06 Dodge 1 ton, made it 500 kms before the tranny calfed.......he got it for a good deal at $12,500 but add almost 4 K in repairs instantly......mileage was similar.........

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
probly sumthing wrong with it if the people just let it go
No, nothing wrong with the truck, (that I know of). My boss owned 50% of a steel building company with another guy. Sadly the other owner fell to his death on the job so they are liquidating the company. The guy who died was only 33 years old & he had a wife and 4 kids!

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He has it listed for $21 800. PM me if anyone is interested, I'll give you his contact information.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I paid 21 for mine with 100k

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
He has it listed for $21 800. PM me if anyone is interested, I'll give you his contact information.
Is that USD or CND?
Can't say that's high, but it's not a steal either.
$20,000 for mine 88k Loaded in better condition. (but not mint)

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
abbout 20k

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that USD or CND?
Can't say that's high, but it's not a steal either.
$20,000 for mine 88k Loaded in better condition. (but not mint)
That's CDN. I think he would be willing to move a bit on the price if someone was interested?

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update. He dropped the price to $19800 CDN.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Price is down to $17800 CDN. There was a guy from the DF looking at it, not sure if he's gonna buy it or not?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Offer 15K, sometimes these company things are the best deals going........coworker just bought an 06 Dodge 1 ton, made it 500 kms before the tranny calfed.......he got it for a good deal at $12,500 but add almost 4 K in repairs instantly......mileage was similar.........
its a dodge though...what'd he expect?! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Curious was the truck in a wreck? I've never seen anyone put the old style tail lights on a newer truck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts