Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just picked up an 03 LB7 from the original owner with 119k miles. My wife and I own and operate a small used car dealership in Boise, Idaho called 4 Buying Auto Sales LLC. You can check us out on facebook at 4 Buying Auto Sales or our website is www.4buyingautosales.com. We started the dealership because we both have an addiction to finding and buying toys. So I end up traveling a lot to pick up vehicles and other fun stuff. I have owned and sold a ton of diesels but never owned one as my daily. With our business growing I needed something that can pull a car hauler and be comfortable for 10 plus hour drives on a regular basis. I searched long and hard, drove for 3 days around idaho and surrounding states looking at trucks, and finally found this gem deep in Utah. Original owner, well off older gentleman who only used this to pull his 5th wheel camper. I looked up all the RPO codes. This truck is a non cali, non fleet truck with a reinforced frame for heavier towing. He had airbags, a 30 gal gravity fed tank in the bed and 3 position tuner (90hp in setting 3). Its perfect for me and what i need it to do. Plans for the next couple months will be to install an airdog lift pump, sump kit, ram air intake, intake heater coil delete, downpipe with 4" straight pipes and fuel rail plug and full stereo system. Eventually I would like to upgrade to an edge insight tuner, upgrade the piping and y bridge, inlet horn and turbo wheel. I am not trying to build a drag truck, i need a reliable daily driver that I can hook my trailer up to and go pick up whatever I need to.
Anyways, thanks for having me. These forums are invaluable to me, thanks in advance for all the help. If anyone here is in Idaho or anywhere close by feel free to hit me up. Were always out and about doing redneck stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Howdy DS and welcome from AZ.
Might just take you up on stopping by when we get up there. Wanted to be there over the end of May and first part of June as my brother lives in Emmett and his 80th birthday is June 1st. But with all this Virus crap going on we won't be able to make it up until later this year or this time next year.
Man that looks like one clean unit and love the White color!
Enjoy your Duramax.

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
Welcome to the DF! That truck should give you many miles of trouble free service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy DS and welcome from AZ.
Might just take you up on stopping by when we get up there. Wanted to be there over the end of May and first part of June as my brother lives in Emmett and his 80th birthday is June 1st. But with all this Virus crap going on we won't be able to make it up until later this year or this time next year.
Man that looks like one clean unit and love the White color!
Enjoy your Duramax.
Let me know when your headed here. I come to AZ often to visit the family too.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Since you intend on being around a while and keeping that truck this thread may be of interest:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, I live in Baker Oregon but travel through idaho all the time and do the Gun shows over there. Think we have one next weekend actually, doing the Cabelas for me Mall for the wife friday, and Gun show all day Saturday. I love guns what can I say!!! LOL! Welcome!

Reactions: dirtslut
1 - 11 of 11 Posts