Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are you talking front hubs or rear axle bearings? The front hubs are a piece of cake to remove, its the removing of the caliper thats a pain. Its torqued to 221 lb/ft. Napa is fine but get the Timkens. Dmaxstore has them for around $200. I bought a pair of them from 1A Auto for $250 but they werent Timkens.

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
NAPA is the choice of most repair shops. I use them... 75,000 miles on my front hubs, still good to go.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I tried to call napa on my front hubs...they quoted 450 for the timken hub. Called schuck's/oreilly and they had the same exact part number hub for less than half that and I got a military discount on top of that. At that time DMAXStore didnt offer free shipping, so I just bought them up here. they now offer free shipping.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Timken

Napa and many autoparts stores are selling Chinese bearings with lifetime warranty. Be careful or get used to changing them. We have the made in the USA Timkens with Lifetime warranty under $200 shipped if you need them.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked out the Napa ones.
I'll be ordering a bearing from you tomorrow.

Hopefully it will get here in a couple of days.

Their bearing has a one year warranty.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the Timken bearing from DMAXSTORE. I don't know how ordering parts could be any easier.
Time will tell but it sure looks like a quality part. Napa had a year warranty DMAXSTORE and timken are lifetime!

Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts