Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat in a dilemma about flairs and new tires/wheels. I’m currentnly running 285/70r17 on a 2006 crew cab 4wd. Picture attached.

I’m due for new tires and the wheels suck so I’ll be replacing them all early next year but need to make a few decisions.

The current tires are wider than the stock fenders and personally, I don’t like the look. If I stayed with the 285’s (or wider) I’d put on flairs but not sure if the aftermarket flairs will fit over the current fenders. Will they fit? There are a few brand I’m considering but for now the names escape me.

If the flairs don’t fit then I’ll probably go with a slightly narrower tire.

Then the decision is stay 17” rims or go larger. A friend has an 08 dmax with 20’s and they look good.

I have a 2” lift on the truck.

Lastly, based on the tons of pics on this site, I did decide to go with the black and machined rims. They look great on a gray truck specially after I yank off the damn moulding on the doors!!

Answer on the flairs is appreciated as well as any commends or suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bushwacker's make a flair that fits and I believe provides 2 inches more coverage. I have an 05 ccsb that I have 20x10's with -44 offset with 295's on it with stock flairs and loved the way it looked. It rubbed more then I liked so I dropped to a 285 and love it all around. The picture is with the 295's

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bushwacker's make a flair that fits and I believe provides 2 inches more coverage. I have an 05 ccsb that I have 20x10's with -44 offset with 295's on it with stock flairs and loved the way it looked. It rubbed more then I liked so I dropped to a 285 and love it all around. The picture is with the 295's

Yes bushwhacker is the brand. I’m rethinking on the flares. Will probably go with 275’s on 18” rims. I think it will get me the look I want (I like more sidewall) and better fit the truck.

Decisions decision.

Only takes money. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
It will get you the look you want depending on the backspacing. It sounds like you want your wheels/tires to sit even with the fenders?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would do some 285's on some 17 or 18 inches wheels that are 9 inches wide and have a 0 offset. I think that would give you what you have in mind.
I think you’re right on that. I need to look at the offset of the current wheels vs new wheels.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
285/75r18. 11.5 wide 33 tall. Dont go much past the fenders as is.
Great looking truck and wheels. That’s what I’m looking for including the black wheels.

Given the size of tires, do you have any rub? What’s your lift?

I greatly appreciate all the help guys. Not new to diesels but new to the tire/truck aspect of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts