Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a new truck, a 2011 Chevy D/A 3500 HD. I was looking at optional accessories and one of them was wheel house liners for the rear wheel wells. My question is what do you all think of them. Do they look good, are they helpful in keeping the mud etc from getting caked on the under belly? Or do they look goofy and don't work so well. If they look goofy I don't want to get them!!!

Also I have read some places they will trap salt and moisture under the liner causing rust. What about that concern.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I wish my truck had them

I have lots of paint chips on my rear fender wells from rocks and such

I am going to paint my with a bed liner though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
they look good, makes the rear inner wheel wells match the front.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
or you can probably save a few hundred $ and get a can of aerosol bed armor and just paint them black yourself. i've done that to my last four trucks and love it. it just hoses out after mud, snow, etc gets in there. plus it looks SO much better with the black to match the front.

just my .02 though :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That interesting about the bed armor. There probably is no fear of rust with the spray on bed liner?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I've never worried about mine. Just clean them and prep as you would if you were doing a spray in bed liner and go from there.

I love mine... And have never worried about moisture or rust underneath :D

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
What color is the truck? IMO they look awesome especially on trucks that aren't black, makes the rear wheel well match the fronts. The bed liner would do the same thing. I plan on getting some for mine just because I find the plastic wheel liner in the front so much easier to clean than the rear wheel wells. any mud and shit just sprays right off the plastic...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have them on my truck and they are definitely worth it. They look good and they're easy to clean. If you saw one truck with them and one without you would want them, trust me :drink

·
Registered
115 Posts
Put them on mine the day after I bought it I think they make sense and definitely dont think they look goofy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My truck is lite silver. I think I am going to order them from what you all say. I was looking at the wheel wells on my 08 in the rear and I thought man that would look better with the liners in.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is an old thread, but does anyone have PN's for the rear wheel house liners? Debating on them myself, or just have it Line-X'd in the spring when I have my bed rails done.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Okay, mind is made up. Factory liners for sure. I'm not worried about corrosion behind them, won't be driving the truck in the winter unless absolutely necessary. Thanks for the pics, smokin!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
part number is 19166677. just pulled my receipt from last month. $119

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Honestly it's disappointing that GM didn't include them as a standard option.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts