Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Whelen Mini Light bar to install on my Duramax. I use it for construction and snow removal, anyone know a good website that offers these lights at a good price? (Besides Ebay:cool:) Thanks!:drink

·
Registered
790 Posts
craigslist??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been checking Craigslist everyday, no luck... it's just these quality lights are so darn expensive! that's why I'm looking for a deal-

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've gotten all my stuff from Galls. Price is OK, but service is excellent.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
What style cab set-up do you have? Regular, Extra or Crew? Different lights work better for each

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a crew cab. I'm installing a Back Rack headache rack as well. Plan to put the light on top of that. Looking at the 9mm mini light bar from Whelen.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
That is a 4 strobe bar. Spend the extra money on and LED bar. Its well worth it. Much brighter too

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Those are light 650.00 plus!!! haha
Look in my sig. 4 dual avengers and an L31 Beacon. That was a grand when I got them. The price has significantly lowered. The avengers used to be 320 now they are only 240. How much are you willing to spend?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Lets put it this way. On a bright summer day I can make people pull over that are a good 500 feet up the road. At night the road just clears out. LED's are bright as f**k. They do much better in fog and snow as well

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
right on, i'll do some research. thanks for all your help man-

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
No problem. If you have any questions just pm me. I know way to much about all this stuff

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to agree with Odyssey, LEDs are the way to go. I have a dual Talon and 2 whelen slimlighters. I can clear traffic like its my job.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
I have a dual Talon and 2 whelen slimlighters. I can clear traffic like its my job.
To the OP these 3 lights are only 2 lightheads each and are about a foot long by an inch and half tall and 2 inches thick. You cant do that with strobes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.