Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help guys. At what et time do you need a cage? I can't really find a straight answer anywhere. I'm probably going to be pushing real low 11's or possibly 10's shortly, and want to know what I need to do to be legal.

Also, does anyone know of a place near WI that is reputable with building cages? Preferably have it built to still be able to drive it daily without it getting in the way too much

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
I always was told at 11.49 you need atleast a 5 point roll bar, and 10.99 and below a full cage. Some tracks are different so I would get ahold of a track official and ask what they require at whatever track your going to.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the same thing I heard, but heard some people say you don't need one until you hit 10's

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
I'd ask someone at the track you go to then. Could be 10.99 if your floor pans, firewall, etc is modified, which I'm guessing yours isn't. So it could be you don't need one until faster than a 10.00. Not sure on who to go to for a cage. Guy down the road builds cages for pro mods so if I ever get that fast I'll be in luck :rofl
What all did you add to the truck? Just dual fuelers?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya just did the dual fuelers, haven't dynoed yet, but should be close to 1000hp. Wanting to push it more soon too. Just looked up a place that's only 20 miles from me that builds cages. He builds cages for some of the guys for Street Outlaws I guess, it's Furo Racecraft

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
That's awesome man. That works out good then he should build ya a good cage. Your setup makes me want to go with a 66 for a little while as a single then throw the new 80sxe over it or a box 84.
What are you shooting for hp n time wise?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoping to be able to make some 10 second passes and stay around 1000hp. But I'm going to Scheid and gonna do the dyno contest down there, and going to try and win that, so we'll throw a bigger tune on it for that. Still want to try and stay somewhat reliable lol

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Nice man! Well good luck to ya. Hope it stays together for you.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Just run it down the track till they throw you out. If you're quick enough they'll do it after one pass.:rofl

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just run it down the track till they throw you out. If you're quick enough they'll do it after one pass.:rofl
That's what I'm afraid of :rofl

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
I'd just set it to kill and let her eat. If you get kicked hopefully it's for running a 10.xx :rofl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts