Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna vent for a min or two, just dont know what to do to change my luck and reduce the spending. a few weeks ago i put the truck in the garage to take care of my right rear axle seal, got a little further into it and found the locker and some of the friction plates broke. well no big deal, right, put a locker in, been wanting to. i knew better than to half ass it but i was gonna be cheap and only replace what was need with the exception of carrier bearings. then i figured that if i was gonna do the seal might as well do the bearings then well guess i should do both sides. well shit guess i might ass well do the pinion bearings and seal.
by this point i have already got half the parts when i should have done everything the first time with a full install kit from Timken, but i guess i just wanted to spend extra money. got everything together and back on the road Friday morning to find out that i now need a front wheel bearing!
Now for the good stuff. got home this afternoon and smelt hot oil, the same dam axle seal leaking!!!! not to mention there wasn't much work last week, backed our ramp truck into my garage, and my work van is a pile of electrical issues, all on top of the truck.

sorry for the rant:rant

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts