Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 50 gallon tank in my toolbox with pump and 10 micron filter. Every gallon goes into my toolbox tank, through my pump filter, and then into my truck tank. So if its already getting filtered before it gets to my truck filter, any suggestions on how often I should change my truck fuel filter?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I use the TP 3012 it is a 2 micron filter only I change it once a year, change the oil twice a year, grease lots of times. Works for me!

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
the 10 micron filter does not filter as much as the stock filter which is a 7 micron filter. Though per Bosch recommendations if memory servers me right their injections are rated at 5 micron or less for optimal performance. You might think about swapping over to a nictane CAT filter or even an OEM filter just something to get better filtration. Though you are double filtering it you aren't getting any better filteration. Just my 2 cents worth though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I was thinking that the stock filter was a 10 micron so I figured my auxiliary filter was doing all the work. I have definitely thought about the cat adapter. Probably should just go ahead and do it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Johnp33. I don't want to ask a stupid question, but what all do you grease a lot?

·
Registered
648 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts