Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should go here or in the for sale section, but here goes. As some know I am looking at buying my first duramax this spring or mabey a little sooner...So I am wondering where should I look mainly, I know Craigslist but where else should I be looking for a nice used duramax, where did you get yours?

Thanks,
Sawyer

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
anywhere and everywhere... here , CL, other forums, autotrader.com (can customize your search) ebay, your options to finding one are limitless

EDIT: i found mine on craigslist and it just happened to be a guy my wife went to school with

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ditto ^^^^^^^ a couple trucks and a couple crotch rockets

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found a couple of past vehicles on cars.com, I look there quite a bit been finding quite afew lmm's at reasonable prices lately

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see... When you bought from eBay did you have to bid or did most have a buy it now?...I just don't like the bidding part

·
Registered
755 Posts
i actually found mine on a listing on ebay... didnt buy thru ebay but thats how i found it.. autotrader seems to be the most popular tho.. and craigslist

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can get some good deals on ebay and craigslist but i wouldn't buy anything sight unseen. Or a test drive. i've had some smokin deals that didn't turn out so hot.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I found a couple of past vehicles on cars.com, I look there quite a bit been finding quite afew lmm's at reasonable prices lately
I've found Autotrader to have better options and bigger selection then Cars.com
I found my first DMax by just driving around GM dealerships in the Boise area. I wasn't specifically looking for a DMax, but that's what I drove away in.
My second I found at a Nissan dealership in Boise through Autotrader.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Someone chime in with a "no older than ___" and "No more than _____ miles".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found mine at a Carmax dealership in Virginia had to get it moved to Chicago to pick it up. I got real lucky they don't have many diesels but they do have a few now and then. I looked on cars.com ,autotrader, and gm certified websites untill eyes dropped out. Finally found the one I bought. If you are from WI check with Lenz trucks in Fon du Lac they have alot of inventory and ship them all over.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found mine at a Carmax dealership in Virginia had to get it moved to Chicago to pick it up. I got real lucky they don't have many diesels but they do have a few now and then. I looked on cars.com ,autotrader, and gm certified websites untill eyes dropped out. Finally found the one I bought. If you are from WI check with Lenz trucks in Fon du Lac they have alot of inventory and ship them all over.
Yeah I have been watching Lenz truck center...that's where a buddy of mine got his duramax From for a pretty good deal

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
E-Bay. Didn't buy thru just found on. 1500 miles, and worth it.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Performance GMC in Salem, Ohio. They specialize in HD diesels.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I did the Autotrader thing as well. Drove 3 1/2 hours, but found a smoking deal!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
636 Posts
Warrenton Select in Warrenton Virginia . They got have alot of real nice trucks alot already with exhaust and such

1 - 19 of 19 Posts