Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to ask, I have been seeing these truck pictures all over and I have to know where to get or how to make these lights. Are they aftermarket light strips in the housing or are they just aftermarket housings? I need these for my LBZ haha. If anyone knows that would be awesome!

· Registered
1,144 Posts
x2! Those look sick! Sub'd

· Registered
6,033 Posts
I seen a guy on here or on the Dieselplace that was selling those not too long ago "Maybe within the last week"

I am looking for it now.

· Registered
1,016 Posts
they are custom builds. Google up chevy 2500 projector headlights and im sure youll see what your looking for.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang, wasnt expecting those prices. $160 just for the upper headlight housings, then another $160 for the DRL/turning signal housings?! No way Im spending $320 for LED strips LOL!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am going to make some of my own, buy some quality LED strips, install them in the housings, and wire them up to a 12v switch and have the same thing for under $40 bucks. I'll be sure to make a build thread!

Reactions: West1134

· Registered
72 Posts
Instagram Hionlumens or Retrodiodes...both of those pics look like Retrodiodes products I've seen.

And you send your headlights to the company to have them installed. Maybe those truck owners are on the forum and can chime in.

· Registered
879 Posts
I use to not like them so much. I believe when I first looked at them they were much more expensive also, so that probably didn't help.

They sure have grown on me though. I can't tell if I like it just on the upper housing or top and bottom. For $160, though, I think I like them no where.

If you make up some of your own Blackout be sure to take a few pics and get part numbers. I am sure a bunch of people will ask you for that info if it turns out well for ya. I am excited to see what you come up with.:thumb

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I use to not like them so much. I believe when I first looked at them they were much more expensive also, so that probably didn't help.

They sure have grown on me though. I can't tell if I like it just on the upper housing or top and bottom. For $160, though, I think I like them no where.

If you make up some of your own Blackout be sure to take a few pics and get part numbers. I am sure a bunch of people will ask you for that info if it turns out well for ya. I am excited to see what you come up with.:thumb
I agree on not liking them so much for that price. But hey, someone is doing well while having some fun so I'm not hating.

I have some 03-06 silverado headlights laying around so I'm going to pick some light strips up and a switch or two and go to work :D Ill be sure to keep numbers and take pics! Thanks for all the help guys! The people on this site have never let me down. :neener

· Registered
879 Posts
Are you going to do top AND bottom housings?

· Registered
144 Posts
I have a set. Worst part is baking open your headlights I got one of the first batches so I've gone through a lot of parts. The leds themselves are great quality though. very bright. I got mine from retrodiodes

· Registered
2 Posts
LED CONCEPTS has a installation video walking you through the process of installing them yourself. The video is of a Super Duty head light, but has some good information for other head lights. Would be cool to see someone make a video for Chevy lights. It doesn't seem too bad after watching the video. Definitely looking into doing this.

https://youtu.be/O2dzWhg_L3c

thumb:

· Registered
159 Posts
Sure makes that look easy. Would never be that easy for me! notworthy

· Registered
50 Posts
buy the strips, bust those housings open, and get to work!

· Registered
4,743 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I think I am going to make some of my own, buy some quality LED strips, install them in the housings, and wire them up to a 12v switch and have the same thing for under $40 bucks. I'll be sure to make a build thread!
D-Max Blackout, did you ever end up doing this?? I want these, but I too am not about to pay that kind of cash for something that doesn't make me go faster or get better MPG's LOL.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.