Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Where do you buy fuel?

• Petro Canada

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Shell

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • ESSO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Husky

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Chevron/Texaco

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Suncor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BP

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Exxon

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other Canada

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Other USA

Votes: 23 41.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just wanted to see what the most popular place is to buy fuel. Where won't you buy fuel from?

I either buy my fuel from Petro Canada, Husky, or Shell. I find I get the best fuel economy with their products. Of course I work at the Petro Can refinery so try and buy their fuel! I won't buy fuel from ESSO (fuel economy drops) or any place that uses their product and I will never ever buy fuel from Superstore.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I buy fuel at Chevron or Race Trac

·
Registered
79 Posts
So just wanted to see what the most popular place is to buy fuel. Where won't you buy fuel from?

I either buy my fuel from Petro Canada, Husky, or Shell. I find I get the best fuel economy with their products. Of course I work at the Petro Can refinery so try and buy their fuel! I won't buy fuel from ESSO (fuel economy drops) or any place that uses their product and I will never ever buy fuel from Superstore.
Whats wrong with Superstore? I buy there and like the discounts. Its the cheapest in town. I have only had my truck a month now and no problems yet but curious why you don't like it.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats wrong with Superstore? I buy there and like the discounts. Its the cheapest in town. I have only had my truck a month now and no problems yet but curious why you don't like it.
Well me and my family have never had good luck with them. My parents have fuelled up there and then the car started running rough. My great uncle fuelled up his diesel at a Superstore and there was water in the fuel. So that is why I won't buy from them.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i buy from chevron,the local station has clean tanks and they run a lot of fuel thru there.diesel is cheaper other places but id rather have good fuel.i know some people say bp fuel is cleaner but if you put it in a crappy tank then it dosent matter how good the fuel is.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Shell has always had a good reputation with fuel. So whenever I need fuel, I try to find a Shell, but if theirs isnt one around, I just go to any other station.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I use BP only diesel pump in town so they pump a lot of it always fresh

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hess is where I usually get mine, probably more due to convenience than anything else, haven't has a problem with fuel quality, yet.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I seem to get best mileage with Shell! Never had problem with WIF from there either

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I can't say I just use one. I go between 2 or 3. BP, Shell, Pilot. I think on the poll you should add one more option. Several :rof
yeah no joke!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I get mine directly from a pipeline !!! We have a 15,000 gallon tank on our parking lot for our trucks. So, every 5-7 days there is a new transport load of fuel delivered. I have never had any trouble with water or un-clean fuel. They also add some kind of fuel-additive when the load is pumped off.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Lucky you huh?:neener

·
Registered
505 Posts
I always fill up at the local Sinclair station

·
Registered
980 Posts
I get mine at Chevron. I used shell before and ran good but I think chevron works better for me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Chevron for sure!!!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
its a gas (not)

X2 used it since i bought the truck--no troubles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts