Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have gotten a code and it's for the air intake temperature sensor 2. It says circuit open. I'm trying to figure out where exactly this sensor plugs into. I need help addressing that I can't seem to locate where this might plug into, I see a couple harnesses but I don't see anything that would fit the actual plug itself and I know that the harnesses that I have unplugged were for the EGR. Which now I don't have but I need help finding out where the air intake temperature sensor number two plugs into so that way I can plug it back in and complete the circuit so that way my truck's engine light will shut off. I need help with this. I have a 2006 LBZ

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello, I have gotten a code and it's for the air intake temperature sensor 2. It says circuit open. I'm trying to figure out where exactly this sensor plugs into. I need help addressing that I can't seem to locate where this might plug into, I see a couple harnesses but I don't see anything that would fit the actual plug itself and I know that the harnesses that I have unplugged were for the EGR. Which now I don't have but I need help finding out where the air intake temperature sensor number two plugs into so that way I can plug it back in and complete the circuit so that way my truck's engine light will shut off. I need help with this. I have a 2006 LBZ
I think that's the one on the front of the radiator. Not 100% on that.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
964 Posts
I think that's the one on the front of the radiator. Not 100% on that.
I think he is talking about the engine air intake temperature not the outside ambient temperature.
There is a air intake sensor with MAF sensor and also an air temp sensor on top of the Y-bridge. The one on the Y-bridge is the one i bet you are looking for. Has about a 6 inch wire pigtail with a grey connector.

Reactions: DuramaxNWA

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think he is talking about the engine air intake temperature not the outside ambient temperature.

There is a air intake sensor with MAF sensor and also an air temp sensor on top of the Y-bridge. The one on the Y-bridge is the one i bet you are looking for. Has about a 6 inch wire pigtail with a grey connector.
Hey, I learn something every time I log in here!

Reactions: Super

·
Registered
240 Posts
Amen! Keep coming back an you’ll learn a lot!! At least a did, an continue to!!
The day you stop learning is the day you stop growing. This place is a gold mine of information. It's helped me tremendously over the past year or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts