Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first oil change "on the house" from the dealership today, but of coarse the D.E.F. is not included. They will sell it to me for $17 a gallon. I was just wondering what everyone has found to be the cheapest place to buy diesel exhaust fluid?

Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Any auto parts store or station that sells diesel fuel. Prices to vary quite a bit, I think I paid 7.99 a gallon recently.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Seen it at Wal-Mart. Can't remember the price right off hand, but I'm pretty sure it'd be less than auto parts stores????????

·
Administrator
30,070 Posts
Any place except the dealer.

·
Registered
504 Posts
edit

·
Registered
667 Posts
NAPA, Walmart, Flying J or a local diesel shop. NAPA and Flying J were $5.99/gallon. One auto parts store wanted $15.99/gallon.

2011 Silverado 3500HD SRW LML LTZ CCLB 4X4 Blue Granite Metallic, Bed Rug bed liner, Luverne SS running boards, PML diff. cover, Air Lift air bags, Handy fifth wheel tail gate.
Towing: 2009 Montana Mountaineer 347THT.
Previous DAs:
2005 Silverado 3500 SRW LLY LT CCLB 4X4 Silver Birch Metallic
2004 Sierra 2500HD LB7 SE EXLB 4X4 Sand Beige Metallic

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
truck stops or big rig stores are best IMO def has a shelf life and can go bad so you want it to be new and places like that are more likely to go through enough to keep god stuff on the shelf

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
From what I've seen, Wally World (Wal-Mart for the non-Southern) has the best price on it. The auto-parts store marks up the same stuff 100% at the least (as mentioned in prev posts) But they would never do that, eh?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sure is a good thing DEF will never get over $2.75 a gallon!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I paid $13 for 2.5 gallon jugs at a Pilot Fuel Stop recently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just bought a 2.5 gallon jug of Valvoline for $13. They say that they are selling a lot of it, so hopefully it's not stale.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have always bought at truck stop pump, no holding jugs up to spill. Only bad thing is pulling into pumps backwards go inside tell the clerk the pump number say I want $12.00 of DEF on that pump give them the money go back outside put in my 4.9 gallons and on my way in about 10 minutes. That is the only way to buy it as far as I'm know, don't need to carry anything don't have to pick anything up!!!

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Truck stop DEF pumps. 2.50-2.70$ a gal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.