Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help
I am looking for, I hope, the fuse for the constant 12 Vdc lead in the trailer 7-way connector (looking from the back of the truck connector it will be the No. 4 connector). I have reviewed the owners manual, however it is not obvious which fuse is the ONE. I have to assume that this fuse is under the hood.

Can someone smarter than me point out where this fuse is located? I appreciate you all being patient with me.

Thanks, again

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
What year is your truck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, I thought it would show in my signature

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
Stud #1, Underhood Fuse Panel, top left corner if standing at side.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If it's a NBS (07.5 LMM) you have to hook up the wire to the stud on the front (towards the headlight) of the underhood fuse panel. If it hasn't been done before the wire is tapped up to the loom down underneath the master cylinder. If it has been done the fuse is next to the stud that the wire hooks to.

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
That post to hook to forward, is the Stud #1.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Some power fuses had a dummy fuse, that looked like a real fuse. Turn the fuse cover over and the diagram will show the location of all the fuses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I found the location of the dummy fuse for stud 1, however in the owners manual says do not use if use at this location. if I were to put a fuse in this location should I use a 40 amp fuse?

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
Yes, green square 40a fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.