Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Amp Research power steps and am having issues with the step fully retracting back when I close my door...I went on the Amp Research site and found this:

Concern: GM truck erratic step operation – Ground
Some owners of GM trucks equipped the Duramax diesel engines have reported
erratic operation of the Power Step. The corrective action is to move the Power
Step system ground wire from the 10 mm junction box mounting bracket to the air
conditioning support bracket bolt located behind the junction box. The resulting
improved ground signal path will correct erratic, unreliable operation

Where is the 10 mm junction box mounting bracket to the air
conditioning support bracket bolt located behind the junction box? I attempted to look for an '06 Duramax component layout diagram for a little bit.

The ground wire of the steps is currently on the bolt the secures the bracket that is labeled "Ground"...I'm thinking that it is already on a good ground but I just want to try what Amp Research advises to do before I call the motor bad.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
could they need lube?

·
Registered
839 Posts
if you just want to test for a good ground then run a jumper wire to your - battery cable or check it with a DMM

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very true...That will eliminate all ground issue possibilities...I'll give it a test...Thankyou

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Yeah get a solid ground and don't bother hunting all day for some junction box,to me if its grounded well,then what is the difference???Like he said also^^

·
Registered
314 Posts
my amp acts up. on passenger side front dont go up all the way, on drivers side its the back that dont. i dont think you can lube them can you? but I have noticed that the sand and salt make it so much worse. but there is a way to reset there limits to maybe make them go up all the way again.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
yea you have to keep the hinges sprayed with some type off lube. call them they will even tell you that. i did

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not good to know that a few people on here are having issues...I've had mine for almost 4 years now and this is my 1st issue...I clean the hinged areas often so i'm thinking they should be clean...I'll need to check it all out this weekend.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my amp acts up. on passenger side front dont go up all the way, on drivers side its the back that dont. i dont think you can lube them can you? but I have noticed that the sand and salt make it so much worse. but there is a way to reset there limits to maybe make them go up all the way again.
If you've had problems with yours from the start then you may just have a bad ground...That info I have posted to start this thread may fix your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts